**workshops being planned for the Ottawa area starting January 2012**
Voice Found is committed to speaking out about childhood sexual abuse. As such we have chosen to inspire others to take responsibility as a community and help PREVENT childhood sexual abuse.
We partner with Darkness to Light to offer the Stewards of Children program. The program is delivered as an interactive 2.5 – 3.0 hour workshop and provides the tools, knowledge and resources needed to help stop child sexual abuse. This is an issue that effects everyone in the community, not just the abused child. The social and economic impact is significant and unlike cancer or childhood diabetes, it is preventable. You can proactively DO something.
The cost to attend a Stewards of Children session is $40 per person and includes:
- An interactive workbook for each participant containing the full program curriculum.
- An accompanying 1 ¼ hour DVD integrating segments of sexual abuse survivors relating their stories of violation and healing, with segments from the author of the curriculum and from professionals who interface daily with the problem of sexual abuse.
- An opportunity for discussion about important issues in sexual abuse prevention and the relevance of these issues within organizations that serve children and adolescents.
After training participants will:
- Understand the facts of child sexual abuse including incidence rates and effects on individuals and society.
- Understand how child sexual abuse happens.
- Understand that adults are responsible for the protection of children.
- Understand the importance of screening staff and volunteers who work with children and adolescents.
- Understand the importance of a well conceived one-adult/one-child policy.
- Have resources to react responsibly to incidents of child sexual abuse.
- Understand the proactive role youth-serving organizations need to take to better protect children and educate their communities about child sexual abuse.
CALL TO ACTION: PLAN TO TAKE TRAINING
- Take the Stewards of Children training and use the information you learn to better protect the children in your life.
- Invite your coworkers, friends, family, and other adults that you know are responsible for the care of children to attend a stewards training.
- Ask us to teach the Stewards of Children program to the staff and volunteers in your organization, corporation, youth serving agency, or small group of friends.
Interested in a workshop? Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.
IT’S TIME TO TALK! IT’S TIME TO TAKE ACTION! PREVENTION IS POSSIBLE!