Cynthia here. I’m the founder of Voice Found and am so grateful for the support of friends and strangers alike who share my dream of preventing childhood sexual abuse and supporting adult survivors. There has been quite a bit of momentum building and we are gearing up to do a lot of work in the new year. In order to accomplish some immediate goals, we need a bit of a kick start and so I am asking for a special birthday gift this year. I’m asking for donations of any size to help us out.
Here are the specifics of where the funds raised will go:
- Purchase of training materials for Stewards of Children childhood sexual abuse PREVENTION program
- Legal fees to incorporate Voice Found
- Website development
These items will help propel us towards the development of additional programs and services for adult survivors and to expand on offerings for prevention programs.
So- how do you know the money does not go in my pocket? Well I can only give you my word and this proof. The last time I asked for donations was two years ago in February. At that time I asked for support from friends so that I could attend a workshop in Edmonton. I was blessed to receive the $1,000.00 that I needed, attended the workshop and became an authorized facilitator for the Stewards of Children workshop. You can find me listed here.
The gifts of others time, support and belief in my dream have completely overwhelmed me. My personal journey of healing has been difficult to share at times but has helped many and so I continue to do so in this blog. I’ve been blessed to find some great people who are willing to work on a volunteer board as we formalize this idea and prepare to launch Voice Found as an official not for profit.
No money to give? Hey- no problem. I know what that is like! Here are other ideas:
- Get a group of 5-10 people together for a workshop – all I need is a place to meet, TV/DVD Player and advance notice. Cost is $25.00 per person and you can find workshop details here
- Offer up some free meeting space in Ottawa Canada or surrounding area
- Lend talent/time to help us grow.
- Educate yourself on how to recognize, respond and react appropriately to help prevent childhood sexual abuse
- ‘Like’ the VoiceFound Facebook page
- Support a survivor. Listen.
- Leave me a comment. It means so much to know that I am educating and/or supporting others
- Sing happy birthday to me on December 5th! Ya – you KNOW you want too!
Thank you all so very much. Just your visit to this page is a gift. Here’s the link to the Voice Found PayPal donation page:
ABOUT VOICE FOUND:
The effects of childhood sexual abuse are far-reaching and chances are you know someone who has been affected. Our goal is to raise awareness and create and deliver programs that will help prevent, educate and heal.
To reduce the socio-economic impact of childhood sexual abuse on individuals and communities.
We will accomplish this through:
• Empowering individuals to recognize, react and respond appropriately to childhood sexual abuse through the award winning ‘Stewards of Children’ program..
• Identifying and providing resources to adult survivors of childhood sexual abuse
• Providing programs for survivors and those in their circle of care